International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
The Agriculture Modernization, Market Access and Resilience Project (AMMAR)
International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) funded The Agriculture Modernization, Market Access and Resilience Project (AMMAR) invites experienced companies to express interest for the following assignment:
Research and Awareness Campaign of Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB) Control
Ref. No.: AMMAR/CS/2018/169
AMMAR aims to raise incomes of smallholder farmers and increase climate resilience through public and private investments in upgrading climate-proof productive infrastructure, enterprises and smallholder farmer production systems and technologies in support of inclusive growth of climate-smart agricultural value chains.
Now the AMMAR project is seeking the Consulting Company (here and after “Consultant”) to support the BMSB control strategy developed by the Government of Georgia. To this effect the components of the research program are designed to achieve the following objectives:
Baseline study objectives include the following:
- Determine the population’s commitment and readiness to fight BMSB;
- Identify the population’s awareness of the BMSB control strategy measures planned by MEPA.
Focus group objectives include the following:
- Local residents’ assessment of visual and cognitive components of BMSB awareness campaign and elaboration of recommendations;
- Assess the measures taken by MEPA and the National Food Agency and propose future projects based on the critical analysis of the lessons learned;
- Identify the BMSB control activities carried out by the local residents; provide comparison – critical analysis; revise communication projects;
- Identify BMSB control needs and the sources of information on BMSB available to the local residents.
The objectives of information field scanning and dissemination of information include the following:
- Create a Facebook page to gather in the social network the information on the BMSB control strategy and make it available to the population;
- Establish an information channel using WhatsApp application and report the relevant data to the stakeholders responsible for the Strategy implementation;
- ToT - teaching the principles of effective communication.
Scope of Services:
The Consultant shall provide research techniques, such as qualitative and quantitative research methods, pre-determined indicators and questions for data collection and analysis. The consultant shall apply various research tools, including a baseline study, focus groups, and the empirical data of monitoring, generalize the results and provide analytical reports on the activities performed under the Project (including ToT) and their efficiency.
The Consultant shall collect the data and provide analysis of the following aspects and areas:
- Population’s awareness of BMSB;
- Population’s commitment to fight BMSB;
- Population’s knowledge of BMSB control methods and techniques;
- Sources of information and communication channels.
- Test the information materials prepared under the BMSB control strategy (booklets, brochures, newspapers, videos, etc.);
- Assess the BMSB control measures at the local level;
- Identify the activities and measures carried out by the local residents against BMSB;
- Training; provide training of trainers, who will work with the local population;
- Identify the needs for efficient BMSB control measures at the local level.
Information field scanning and dissemination of information
- Obtain and disseminate information under the awareness campaign of BMSB control measures;
- Provide information to the stakeholders and interested persons;
- Prevent the spread of misleading information (disinformation) and elaborate a set of recommendations on adequate responses;
- Review and analysis of the international experience in BMSB control.
In collaboration with the Client the Consultant shall review (1) the design and questionnaires of the baseline study; (2) focus group guide. The baseline study design shall include the applied methods, questionnaires and an analytical report template.
- The Consultant shall also prepare a pilot video and visuals to promote effective communication;
- Communication training manual and directions of analysis.
Interim and final data, recommendations, baseline study and summary reports (in the Georgian and English languages) shall be submitted by the end of November 2018.
The duration of the assignment is 7 months after the contract signing. The intended time of commencement is June 2018.
The minimum qualification requirements for the Consultant are as follows:
- At least 15-year experience in national and large –scale selection surveys; research experience in agriculture and its related fields (a minimum of 3 projects, out of which at least 1 for the international client);
- Analytical and practical experience in research methodology;
- Robust mechanism of quality control.
The qualifications of the Consultant’s key personnel:
- Team leader – university education in psychology and 10-year experience in the training on effective communication;
- Research manager – university education in statistics or a related field; at least 10-year experience in monitoring similar surveys in education and its related fields (preferably for international donors);
- Field manager – university education in statistics, social sciences or a related field, at least 10-year experience in research and field works.
Expressions of Interest with supported information shall be submitted to the address below. The Consultant will be selected using procedures set for Selection based on the Consultants’ Qualification (CQS) method by IFAD Procurement Handbook (issued on 19th of August, 2010).
Interested companies must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the services and meet minimum required experience criteria.
Submitted information shall include:
- Company profile;
- Track records of carrying out of similar assignments;
- CVs of proposed personnel.
Expressions of interest can be delivered electronically to the address below not later than May 31, 2018, 12:00.
Interested companies may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 12:00 – 16:00 (local time).
Ministry of ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND Agriculture of Georgia
0159 Tbilisi, Georgia, Marshal Gelovani Ave. #6, 2nd Building, 1st Floor,
Attn: Nino Kizikurashvili, GEF Coordinator/Climate Change Adaptation Specialist