REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
FOR CONSULTING SERVICES
International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
The Agriculture Modernization, Market Access and Resilience Project (AMMAR)
International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) funded The Agriculture Modernization, Market Access and Resilience Project (AMMAR) invites experienced companies to express interest for the following assignment:
PROJECT ANNUAL DATA COLLECTION
The Agriculture Modernization, Market Access and Resilience (AMMAR) project of the Government of Georgia aims to sustainably raise incomes and reduce poverty for women and men in rural Georgia. Funded through the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) with two complementary grants from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA). AMMAR’s development objective is to stimulate private investments in climate-smart agricultural value chains to increase incomes and strengthen resilience of smallholder farmers in selected project areas.
The project is organized into two mutually supportive components coordinated by the third component, Project Management.
Component 1: irrigation and agricultural value chain investment
- Subcomponent 1.1 – Irrigation and value chain infrastructure;
- Subcomponent: 1.2 – Private investments in agricultural value chains.
- Component 2: climate-smart agricultural and value chain development
- Subcomponent 2.1 – Value chain development processes and support;
- Subcomponent 2.2 – Climate-smart agricultural technology transfer.
The M&E system follows the logical framework designed for the project. The indicators developed in the logical framework include the necessary and relevant indicators according to the requirements of the IFAD methodology as well as other relevant performance indicators. The AMMAR M&E unit is responsible to collect, on an annual basis, information regarding the impact of the project on beneficiaries and present the main findings in the annual report.
Now the AMMAR project is seeking the external consulting company (here and after “Consultant”) to perform the annual evaluation of AMMAR project beneficiaries. Specifically for this assignment the target population equals 485 (98 women) trained farmers (hereafter„target group”), which had the opportunity to adopt new technologies in 2017 in 3 country regions: Shida Kartli, Samegrelo, Kakheti.
The objective of the assignment is to identify the impact of trainings on new recommended technologies delivered to the farmers for the following adoption. In particular, consultant shall clearly show how much productivity of agro production improved as well as income of farmers increased after using of new recommended technologies. Also, the survey should identify the percentage of farmers, who are adopting the recommended technologies.
The Scope of the Services:
Based on an agreed instruments and being provided with a beneficiary list, the consultant is entitled to connect with target group and acquire the needed information. The completed questionnaires are later to be introduced in an electronic form (ex: excel) that will allow for future analysis. Consultant will prepare questionnaires, submit it to the client, conduct the survey in the field and prepare the final survey report. The final stage will comprise a summary report on the methodology and activities undertaken.
Sampling strategy for data collection: The sample size will be calculated using standard statistical formulae, using 95 per cent confidence level with the margin of error of 5 per cent.
As part of the assignment, following activities will be carried out:
Phase 1 - Preparatory Works
Phase 2 – Fieldwork Activities
Phase 3 - Data Processing
Phase 4 – Final Report Preparation
DATA COLLECTION and DATA QUALITY CONTROL
- The consultant is to use agreed on questionnaires.
- Data collection will be undertaken using visits to place to ensure completion of questionnaires.
- The consultants will be responsible to check for completion errors.
- The company will also ensure a system that minimises data capture errors caused due to faulty coding or incorrect data entry.
The following deliverables will be provided to the project upon completion of corresponding phases:
- Detailed implementation plan.
- Survey database. This will include:
i. A dataset that contains the raw data collected;
ii. A dataset that contains cleaned data, after consistency and other validation checks.
- Draft Final Survey Report;
- Final Survey Report.
Questionnaires will be provided to beneficiaries in Georgian. Database to be provided in English. Final Survey report to be provided in English and in Georgian languages.
The duration of the assignment 1.5 months. Estimation period of assignment is May - June 2018.
Qualification Requirements for Consulting Company:
- General Experience – research experience for externally funded projects in rural areas, including project M&E;
- Specific Experience – Minimum 3 similar assignments in the coordination and/or management of quantitative household surveys and data collection.
Required qualification of staff
The consultancy should be able to mobilize a team of experts dedicated to this exercise during the contract period. The team should comprise experienced in data collection:
- (i) a Team Leader (an M&E expert experienced in report writing and with knowledge of English language),
- (ii) a data analysis expert,
- (iii) a statistician,
- (iv) a data cleaning specialist,
- (v) an area expert, who should be able to provide support and knowledge guidance to the team in preparation of questionnaires and data analysis such relevant areas as agriculture, farming, preferably in fruits.
- (vi) sufficient number of data collection monitoring specialists,
- (vii) sufficient number of interviewers.
Expressions of Interest with supported information shall be submitted to the address below. The Consultant will be selected using procedures set for Selection based on the Consultants’ Qualification (CQS) method by IFAD Procurement Handbook (issued on 19th of August, 2010).
Interested companies must provide information verifying that they are qualified to perform the services and meet minimum required experience criteria.
Submitted information shall include:
- (i) Company profile;
- (ii) Track records of carrying out of similar assignments, including brief information on all the quantitative data collections undertaken;
- (iii) Proposed methodology to perform the data collection and analysis;
- (iv) The work plan (activities) and resources sufficient to implement in the proposed timing (including number of person-days);
- (v) CVs of proposed Key Staff members.
Expressions of interest can be delivered electronically to the address below not later than May 1, 2018, 12:00.
Interested companies may obtain detailed information on the assignment at the address below from 12:00 – 16:00 (local time).
Ministry of ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND Agriculture of Georgia
6 Marshal Gelovani Ave., Tbilisi 0159, Georgia
Tel/Fax: +995 32 2 37 66 72
Contact person: Ms. Tamuna Tsintsadze, M&E Specialist/Consultant